Starting out in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
with Debbie Jones and Michael Eleftheriades
Sunday, November 10th
Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a powerful image editing application, rapidly evolving as the standard in non-destructive editing and RAW-based workflow, especially at its new, affordable price point.
This popular seminar, presented by Michael Eleftheriades and Debbie Jones, will provide a thorough introduction to Adobe Lightroom 5, including organising and cataloguing your images, editing and developing your shots, outputting to print, digital books, slideshows and to websites. Throughout the session they will highlight useful tips, tricks and shortcuts to help you spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the camera.
Attendees of all skill levels are welcome – the aim is to show workflows and tips that will be useful to beginners as well as more advanced users. Bringing your laptops will not be required. Speaker notes will be sent to all attendees before the course.
The seminar will be held in central London, at Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX and will take place from 2.00 pm until 5.30 pm. A 30-minute period for Q&A will follow at the end of the seminar.
Booking details: Important
The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber. To book, please email me with your full name, Nikon Owner user-name/subscription number, postal address, daytime mobile and landline. There are limited places available, so please reply as soon as you are able to in order to avoid disappointment. If you are not currently a subscriber, you are welcome to join or re-join whilst booking the workshop with me to receive the discount. Please note that it is essential that you reply by email rather than by telephone and to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Benefits of Photoshop Lightroom
- Why RAW?
- Non-destructive Editing
- Comparison with Adobe Photoshop
- File types explained
Cataloguing your Image Library
- Downloading and naming files
- Cataloguing your images
- What Metadata, XMP & Sidecar files are
Adobe Camera RAW in Lightroom
- How to correct images for best results
- Using filters and localised adjustments
- Multi-image editing
- How to use sharpening
- Lens & Colour Profiles Explained
- Latest features in version 5
- Exporting contact sheets
- Website creation
- Lightroom Book Export
“Many thanks for the most useful set of notes. I commented that you almost ‘got a quart into a pint pot’ – given the complexity of the two Adobe packages, and the variety of experience evident in participants, one could not hope to meet all needs. But I do believe the wide range of questions, and the care taken by Debbie and yourself to answer them, went a long way to meeting any shortfall. I do not recall any other seminar I have attended over the years at which such care was taken to ensure a helpful and thoughtful response. All strength to your arm!” PH
“I attended your (and Debbie’s) excellent presentation re workflow using Lightroom and Photoshop – very useful it was too.” JY
“Has wetted my appetite to learn and use the tools. Enjoyed the day – thanks very much” LP
“I wish I’d bought LR prior to attending! Will do now. Certainly an afternoon full of info.” MW
“Clear, concise, informative, addictive, more, more, more! Debbie Jones rocks!” NB
“Extremely informative. I couldn’t take notes quick enough, there was so much in it – great!” KB
“Overall very useful insight into what is possible with the software.” JR
“Excellent presentation by both Debbie and Michael.” SB
“An excellent and informative afternoon, many thanks!” BH
“I was very impressed at your knowledge of PS & LR” CB
About Debbie Jones
The Lightroom presentation will be given by Debbie Jones, a commercial photographer who specialises in food photography. After 10 years vendor experience in the photographic industry, Debbie set up her own business and shares her personal insight of how you can adapt Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to support your own personal workflow. Debbie is an accredited photographer by the BIPP and an Adobe Certified Expert in Lightroom. She regularly freelances for Adobe, speaking at various seminars and events around the UK about Lightroom as well as providing one-to-one training for other photographers. Debbie’s presentation on Lightroom in February 2011 was one of the most popular events held by the Nikon Owner London Group.
About Michael Eleftheriades
A Nikon Owner subscriber since 2002, Michael is an architect and photographer who fuses his particular passion for architecture, virtual reality, computer graphics and photography in the creation of large-scale panoramic imagery. He has exhibited his photographs at three exhibitions in London and lectured on panoramic creation to wide acclaim in the UK, Europe and the United States. When not photographing, Michael directs the efforts of Media Synthesis, a media development and consultancy company established in 1993, and is responsible for virtual reality tours and interactive exhibits at many of the UK’s leading museums, including the Maritime and Natural History Museums. Michael also created the virtual tour for Grays of Westminster and has been the Nikon Owner London Group coordinator for the last four years.
How to reach the venue
Travelling to Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX: the nearest underground station is Warren Street, but please do make sure that it is open – it is occasionally closed on a Sunday – if so, Goodge Street station is a good option.
About Nikon Owner
Standard Annual Subscription – normal price: £69; special price: £59 while registering for this course
- 1-year Subscription to Nikon Owner + 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster.
- Nikon Owner magazine, a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers benchmark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images.
- All back issues are now available on line as PDFs
- Private user-name and password to subscribers-only website
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- 10% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Discounts on events and training sessions
Gold subscription – special price: £290 when registering for this course
- 3-year subscription to Nikon Owner
- 5-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- 2-year warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- Gold Priority waiting list for all new Nikon releases (top of the waiting list)
- A half-hour tutorial on the phone or face to face, by appointment
- A signed copy of Heather Angel’s Wild Kew while stocks last or a Simon Stafford Nikon Magic Lantern Guide of your choice.
- Nikon Owner quarterly magazine as above
- Private user-name and password to the subscribers-only website which includes a forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events page and use of a photo gallery
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 15% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Substantial discounts on training sessions organised by Grays of Westminster, including Mike Maloney’s Workshops, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Training Sessions, Michael Eleftheriades’ panoramic and colour-calibration seminars and Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses.
Please note that once you have booked a place on any workshop or seminar, a full refund or a credit towards a future course can only be provided when you give us 7 days prior notice of cancelling your place.
With very best wishes,
Features Editor and Events & Training Coordinator
DISCLAIMER: The various organisers and presenters of these events and courses held outside of the premises of Grays of Westminster and Nikon Owner, together with Grays of Westminster and Nikon Owner magazine are only taking the initiative of arranging and facilitating these events on the strict understanding that they are solely acting in an introductory capacity and anyone planning to come will be deemed to have agreed that they fully understand this as a condition of joining. Each participant will be deemed responsible for ensuring his or her own safety at all times and the safety of his or her belongings, and no liability whatsoever is accepted either by any of the organisers, presenters, Grays of Westminster or Nikon Owner magazine in this regard.