For a number of years, Grays of Westminster has presented and hosted a number of comprehensive photographic events and seminars, covering a wide variety of subject matter including Mike Maloney’s recent historic House of Lords Photographic Event, an evening with best-selling author Graham Hancock, a Christmas event with photographer and celebrated mountaineer, Jo Gambi, another event featuring Simon Marsden, wildlife and natural history weekend workshops with Heather Angel, as well as training sessions with Simon Stafford.
Neil Lucas will take us on a journey from his earliest photographic passions to his discovery of time-lapse techniques and how they developed throughout his career, leading to the first real time-lapse programme ‘The Private Life of Plants’. He will describe the problems and successes and demonstrate the techniques, culminating to his recent work for the BBC series ‘Life’ and beyond.
Neil Lucas worked for the BBC Natural History Unit as a producer for over 20 years. During that time he worked on many internationally acclaimed and award-winning productions, including Sir David Attenborough’s The Trials of Life, The Private Life of Plants, The Life of Mammals and Planet Earth. In the outstanding ‘Life’ series he produced two of the most technically challenging programmes, and many of his programmes have been nominated for BAFTAs and EMMYs. Neil is now working as a freelance film director and photographer specialising in challenging and technical shoots, using the same filming and photographic techniques he has mastered throughout his career.
Fitzroy House, from 2.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Saturday, June 19th 2010 – presentation starts at 2.30 p.m..
37 Fitzroy Street
London W1T 6DX
Google map: [maps.google.co.uk]
Tickets are available at £25 for Nikon Owner subscribers and £85 for non-subscribers. English afternoon cream tea and refreshments will be served during the break. To reserve your tickets please call me, Gillian Greenwood, on 020 7828 8971 or email: email@example.com with your full name and daytime mobile and landline. Please note that limited seats are available – please book early to avoid disappointment.
We would like to thank Mike Eleftheriades, who runs the Nikon Owner London Group for all his hard work in setting up this unique event.
Please note that subscribing to Nikon Owner Magazine and Interactive Website allows you a £60 discount off this event and many of our other training sessions.
About Nikon Owner:
Nikon Owner magazine and Interactive Website is considered by many to be the world’s number 1 user group for Nikon owners.
Nikon Owner was initially founded with the purpose of assisting Nikon owners to make full use of the Nikon equipment they own, to give advice on a wide spectrum of photographic queries and problems, and at the same time to offer ideas to bring about an increase in photographic skills. As a subscriber to this group, you will receive an array of offers and assistance, which includes:
- Nikon Owner magazine
- Nikon Owner magazine is a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers bench-mark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images.
- Private user name and password to subscribers’-only website which includes a lively forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events’ page and use of a photo gallery.
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline: free technical consultation and support from Simon Stafford who is widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost Nikon experts; you will be able to benefit from his formidable knowledge and have all your technical questions fully answered by email. This service is exclusive to Nikon Owner subscribers.
- FREE 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- FREE 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- 10% off Think-Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster.
- Special trips: past visits have included a two-week trip to Japan and a personal tour of the Nikon factory, as well as a visit to Nikon Thailand, Angkor Watt, Cambodia.
- Substantial discounts on events and training sessions such as Mike Maloney’s House of Lords Photographic Workshop, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Seminars.
- 10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK.
- A range of complimentary meetings and outings organized by local Nikon Owner Groups.
- Nikon Owner Grand Christmas Dinner at the Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London.
To subscribe to Nikon Owner at the special price of £59, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as before, with your name, daytime landline and mobile telephone number or call and speak to any of our staff between 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday on 020 7828 4925 or for International calls, telephone + 44 (0)20 7828 4925, and 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Saturdays.
With best wishes,
Features Editor, Events’ and Training Coordinator