AF-S 500mm f/5.6E PF VR – Nikon’s lightest 500mm lens
As if this week in the world of Nikon couldn’t be exciting enough, we are pleased to announce that orders are open for the new lightweight AF-S 500mm f/5.6E PF VR lens, with the first deliveries only a few weeks away!
• Significantly smaller and lighter with the adoption of a Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element.
• Designed with consideration to a dust and drip-resistant structure, and adoption of Nikon’s fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt.
• Cutting-edge optics with which one PF lens element and three ED glass elements have been adopted for extremely sharp and detailed rendering that is compatible with high pixel-count digital cameras.
• Optical performance that is in no way sacrificed when the TC-14E III AF-S teleconverter is used.
• Materials used in the new PF lens element effectively control PF (diffraction) flare.
• The effective ghost and flare suppression achieved through the use of Nano Crystal Coat enables clear images.
• AF speed increased by making lens elements in the focusing group lighter.
Ideal for all sports and wildlife work as well as travel, expeditions, safaris and any situation where a lightweight telephoto is needed. At only 1460g this is the lightest 500mm yet and takes a 95mm front filter (the same as the AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E VR).
With a minimum focus distance of 3m and up to four stops handheld thanks to the impressive VR (Normal, Sports and Tripod modes available), this lens can be put to a variety of uses.
The lens is priced at £3699.00 including VAT. Deliveries begin on 13th September 2018. Place your order today!