Nikon D7500 Wins EISA Best Prosumer DSLR Camera 2017-2018
London, UK, 17th August 2017: Nikon is pleased to announce that the Nikon D7500 has won the European Prosumer D-SLR Camera 2017-2018 award, presented by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA). This Award reflects the pooled experience of EISA’s expert magazines and is a fitting tribute to the innovative engineering and great performance of the D7500.
EISA comments for Nikon D7500 – winner of the European Prosumer D-SLR Camera 2017-2018 award
The D7500 is an advanced D-SLR camera that packs much of the innovation of the acclaimed D500 into a lightweight, robust and more affordable body. Using the same 20.9 million pixel image sensor, processor and wide ISO range as the D500, the D7500 is a capable and versatile tool in the hands of a passionate photographer. With a burst speed of 8 frames per second and Nikon’s proven 51-point AF system it is well suited to capturing fast action. Thanks to Nikon’s SnapBridge technology, transferring images to a smart device is fast and seamless.
EISA represents the unique collaboration of 50 special interest magazines that cover all aspects of audio, video, home theatre, in-car, photographic and mobile technologies. EISA currently has members in over 23 European countries and, through its annual Awards, has been celebrating the very best consumer electronics products for over 30 years.
Be One of the First to Celebrate Nikon’s 100th Anniversary by taking out a Diamond Subscription to Nikon Owner
You will receive a unique gift box containing a signed, limited edition copy of The Legendary Photography of Tony Hurst and a beautiful, engraved diamond-shaped paperweight. (While stocks last.)
To celebrate Nikon’s 100th Anniversary, we will be launching the Nikon Owner Diamond Subscription later this month. If you would like to put your name forward this week in advance of the launch to upgrade your subscription to Diamond and to ensure you receive this stunning gift, please email Gillian Greenwood at: email@example.com
Please include your full name, daytime landline, mobile & postcode as well as your user-name / subscription number (if available), quoting DIAMOND100 in your email.
Furthermore, we will add your name to a prize draw with the chance of winning a £500 gift certificate to spend at Grays of Westminster.
The cost of the diamond subscription is £595, with a special price of £495* for a limited period only.
Preview of The Legendary Photography of Tony Hurst:
Grays of Westminster have selected the most significant photographs by the master photographer Tony Hurst and have produced a book which contains 100 images to celebrate 100 years of Nikon. Strictly limited to 500 hardcover copies, this beautiful, limited edition has been published to celebrate Nikon’s centenary. Each copy is individually numbered and signed by Tony Hurst.
The book includes contributions by Nigel Atherton, Editor of Amateur Photographer, Garry Coward-Williams, Head of Research of Time Inc.’s specialist magazines, Damien Demolder, Photographer and Journalist, and Mike Maloney OBE, Britain’s most decorated Press Photographer.
Spanning over 100 pages with breath-taking visual material, this is a photographic book like no other. It will be a collector’s item for generations to come.
The Benefits of the Diamond Subscription:
- A signed, numbered, limited edition of The Legendary Photography of Tony Hurst above, and a 100th anniversary celebratory paperweight in a special gift box
- 10% off all second-hand kit at Grays of Westminster** (up to a maximum of £150 discount off each item)
- 15% off vintage or collectible Nikon equipment at Grays of Westminster (up to a maximum of £200 per item)
- Monthly discounts on a number of different offers from Grays of Westminster. These will include a whole range of different items such as filters, accessories, manual lenses, etc.
- Free technical advice on the phone whenever needed (by appointment)
- One hour of complimentary tailor-made 1:1 photographic tuition
- 2 complimentary E-subscriptions for gifts for family or friends, with the current and previous magazines available on line
- Priority waiting list for all new Nikon releases or hard-to-get items
- 5-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- 2-year warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- Nikon Owner magazine
- Private user-name and password to the subscribers-only website which includes a forum, message board, technical equipment reviews and use of a photo gallery
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 20% off Think Tank Bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- 20% off Hawkesmill Bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Substantial discounts on a number of training sessions, workshops and seminars. These include Simon Stafford’s photographic tours and workshops, Michael Eleftheriades’ Lightroom, ‘How-to’ seminars and London photo-walks, Graham Eaton’s Natural History workshops and Damien Demolder and Simon Weir’s events
- Your subscription will continue to 2020
Comments about the extraordinary photographic work of Tony Hurst:
‘Tony Hurst is a genius.’
Terence Donovan, photographer and film director
‘[Tony Hurst’s work] bears the unmistakable hallmark of a master craftsman. Tony elevates product photography to an art form.’
Nigel Atherton, Editor Amateur Photographer
‘His photographs are exquisite masterpieces.’
Mike Maloney OBE, Britain’s Most Decorated Press Photographer
‘Using only the guiding powers of light and composition Mr Hurst is quite a magician.’
Damien Demolder, Photographer and Journalist
‘..Tony Hurst’s extraordinary evocative images of Nikon products.’
Garry Coward-Williams, Head of Research & Development of Time Inc.’s specialist magazines.
*There will be slight price variations if your subscription already continues until 2019 or 2020, which you will be informed of when we receive your email.
**Please note that although this 10% is not in addition to any other discount on second-hand equipment that might be offered at the time, it is a permanent feature of the Diamond subscription.
Posted in Featured, Nikon Owner Magazine
Tagged Damien Demolder, Diamond Subscription, Garry Coward-Williams, Gillian Grenwood, grays of westminster, Hawkesmill, Mike Maloney, Nigel Atherton, Nikon 100, Nikon Owner, nikon owner magazine, subscription, think tank, Tony Hurst, £500 Gift Certificate
Nikon announces the new D850!
Today Nikon have announced the D850, their latest addition to the full-frame DSLR line up. No matter your creative style, photographic field or genre, the D850 can deliver stunning images and uncompromising quality every time. From the studio to the most remote locations on Earth, when you pair ultra-high-resolution imaging power with the flexibility to shoot in any environment you will be ready for anything thrown at you.
Key features & technical specifications:
– 45.7mp backside illuminated full-frame sensor
– Up to 9fps burst rate at full resolution (7fps without battery grip)
– ISO range 64-25,600 (extendable to 32-102,400 equivalent)
– 153-point AF system as incorporated in the flagship D5 body
– Electronic shutter for vibration-free and noiseless shooting in LiveView mode
– RAW recording in large, medium or small sizes
– Focus shift mode allows for an infinite depth of field
– EXPEED 5 processor gives noise-free performance at high ISOs and focus capabilities at -3 EV
– Button illumination for shooting in dark situations
– True full-frame 4k/UHD video shooting
– High speed data transfer, wireless connectivity & Snapbridge compatibility
– Shoot approximately 1840 still images on a single charge from the EN-EL15a battery
– The new MB-D18 battery grip coupled with the EN-EL18b battery allows for 9fps shooting & up to 5140 still images on a single charge
– The tilting, touch-operational 3.2-inch, approx. 2360k-dot LCD monitor makes it easier to shoot stills and 4k from different angles
Sales start date: 7th September 2017
MB-D18 battery grip: £369.00
To be added to our waiting list please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 828 4925.
Posted in Featured, Grays of Westminster, Nikon Equipment
Tagged D850, DSLR, grays of westminster, MB-D18 battery grip, nikon, product launch, RAW, September, SnapBridge
London, UK, 25th July 2017 – Nikon is pleased to announce the development of the next frontier in full-frame, high-resolution, high-speed digital SLR cameras with the upcoming release of the highly anticipated Nikon D850.
The D850 will be a formidable tool for those who will not compromise on exceptional image quality and versatility, including aspiring and professional photographers, and hobbyists who capture landscapes, commercial sports, fashion and weddings, as well as multimedia content creators.
The D850 follows on from the D810, which was highly praised for its extremely sharp and clear rendering, and rich tone characteristics. The D850 will be a powerful new full-frame FX-format digital SLR camera, engineered with a range of new technologies, features and performance enhancements that are a direct result of feedback from users over the years, who demand the very best from their camera equipment.
The D850 will exceed the expectations of the vast range of photographers who seek high resolution and high speed capabilities that only a Nikon of this calibre, complemented by NIKKOR lenses, can offer.
*Information regarding the release of this product will be announced at a later date.
Nikon Owner magazine Cover – issue 57
CONTENTS – ISSUE 57 2017
A LIFE IN BLOOM: THE GEORGIANNA LANE INTERVIEW
By Gillian Greenwood
Gillian Greenwood introduces us to the world of flower photography and interviews Georgianna Lane for this issue of Nikon Owner magazine.
ONE HUNDRED REASONS TO CELEBRATE
by Gillian Greenwood
In celebration of their 100th anniversary this year, Gillian Greenwood explores Nikon’s evolution from a leading optical manufacturer to a global brand.
by Heather Angel
Heather Angel captures an extraordinary image of a brown bear suckling her two cubs at the Brooks River in Alaska’s Katmai National Park.
BACK TO THE FUTURE – The Resurgence of 35mm Film
by Becky Danese
Becky Danese looks at the rising popularity of Nikon film cameras and provides an overview of some of the most popular models.
ANDREW MAIN WILSON’S EPIC ADVENTURE BELIZE – The Catwalk Queen
Flying to Belize from Cancun in Mexico, Andrew Main Wilson found himself in more danger from an aircraft pilot than a snarling puma.
A FRESH PERSPECTIVE: NIKKOR PC-E 19mm f/4E ED REVIEW
by Simon Stafford
Award-winning photographer and Technical Editor Simon Stafford reviews the Nikkor PC-E 19mm f/4E ED.
THE TONY HURST GALLERY
Words by Gray Levett. Image by Tony Hurst
Master photographer Tony Hurst turns his lens and his talents to capture the special Nikon F3 Press camera.
by Simon Stafford
Simon Stafford offers a few thoughts on what is really important and what is far less important when it comes to photographic equipment.
Posted in Featured, Issue, Nikon Owner Magazine
Tagged 35mm, 57, Andrew Main Wilson, Angel eyes, Becky Danese, Film, Georgianna Lane, Gillian Greenwood, Gray Levett, heather angel, Issue, issue 57, nikkor, NIKKOR PC-E 19mm f/4E ED, nikon, Nikon 100, Nikon Owner, Nikon Owner Group, photography magazine, Simon Stafford, Tony Hurst